Registration deadline: April 30, 2021 at 11:30pm.
- Member: $529.00 + GST
- Non-member: $659.00 + GST
Consider purchasing a BCWWA Membership ($109) when registering - you will receive a $130 discount on ALL courses and other select products for 1 year! Click here for Membership information.
If you are unable to register online, please contact our office for assistance. By registering for this class, you are agreeing to the terms of our customer policy.
We can also deliver this course customized to your worksite. If you would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact our office and see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how sampling is used to monitor for compliance with regulations for drinking water.
- Understand common sampling methods and procedures including grab samples and automatic sampler tools, and how to determine which procedure is appropriate based on the circumstance including sampling frequency, routine bacteriological sampling, full chemical analysis, sampling for THMs and HAAs, and HPC analysis.
- Sample and test for turbidity, chlorine residual, and temperature.
- Understand the importance of sampling trends and of recording and presenting sampling data.
- Describe the chain of custody from sample to lab to report.
- Apply quality management methods for quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
You should take this course if you:
- Operate or maintain a water treatment or water distribution system;
- Are responsible for water quality;
- Are interested in pursuing a laboratory testing role in the future; or
- Require continuing education units (CEUs) to maintain your Environmental Operators Certificate Program (EOCP) certification.
CERTIFICATION AND CEUS
This course provides 1.2 CEUs for following Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) certifications.
Certifications and exams are administered by the EOCP - please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.