Become a member to receive discounts on all BCWWA classes and events!
- Member: $899.00 + GST
- Non-member: $1,019.00 + GST
If you are unable to register online, please contact our office for assistance. By registering for this class, you are agreeing to the terms of our customer policy.
We can also deliver this course customized to your worksite. If you would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact our office and see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply water distribution system information/components including federal, provincial and local regulations, water quality, water sources, water storage, valves, hydrants and meters, plan reading, water main construction, and cross connection control.
- Monitor, evaluate and adjust disinfection in water distribution systems including disinfection through chlorination, hypochlorination, ultraviolet radiation, ozone, chlorine dioxide, etc.
- Understand the functions of a variety of equipment including hydrants, meters, pipes, service connections, taps, valves, pumps, and water mains.
- Understand the maintenance of water mains including types of maintenance and pumps and controls.
- Understand how to perform certain security, safety and administrative procedures including understanding work site safety, setting up a safety program, electrical safety, chemical safety, confined space entry and safety in excavation, shoring and trenching, etc.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
You should take this course if you:
- Require an understanding of how water distribution systems work;
- Operate or maintain a facility classified as water distribution 1; or
- Are preparing to write the Environmental Operators Certificate Program (EOCP) certification exam for water distribution 1.
CERTIFICATION AND CEUS
This course provides 2.4 core CEUs for the following Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) certifications:
- small water systems (SWS)
- water distribution (WD)
This course provides 2.4 related CEUs for the following EOCP certifications:
- small wastewater systems (SWWS)
- wastewater collection (WWC)
- wastewater treatment (WWT)
- water treatment (WT)
Certifications and exams are administered by the EOCP - please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.