Before you register, make sure to purchase a BCWWA Membership first ($109) - you will then receive a $120 discount on ALL courses and other select products for 1 year! Click here for Membership information.
- Member: $949.00 + GST
- Non-member: $1,069.00 + GST
If you are unable to register online, please contact our office for assistance. By registering for this class, you are agreeing to the terms of our customer policy.
We can also deliver this course customized to your worksite. If you would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact our office and see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the factors that can impact water quality.
- Understand the different methods that are used for disinfecting water, and their advantages and limitations, including filtration, aeration, UV disinfection, pH adjustment, and oxidants such as chlorine, chloramines and ozone.
- Safely apply chlorination and hypochlorination methods in your facility, including controlling for gases and residual by-products.
- Understand how to safely install, use, troubleshoot and maintain equipment for chlorination and hypochlorination.
- Calculate chlorine and hypochlorination dosages based on water distribution system demands and hydraulics.
- Understand chlorine system design principles, including engineering controls, ventilation, alarm systems, and detection instrument.
- Understand and be able to apply chlorine safety practices, as well as prepare for emergencies.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
You should take this course if you:
- Operate or maintain a facility that uses chlorine gas or hypochlorite solutions for disinfection purposes; or
- Require continuing education units (CEUs) to maintain your Environmental Operators Certificate Program (EOCP) certification.
CERTIFICATION AND CEUS
This course provides 2.4 core CEUs for the following Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) certifications:
- small wastewater systems (SWWS)
- small water systems (SWS)
- wastewater collection (WWC)
- wastewater treatment (WWT)
- water distribution (WD)
- water treatment (WT)
Certifications and exams are administered by the EOCP - please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.