BC Water Week provides a unique opportunity for water professionals and the communities they serve to join together in recognizing the vital role water plays in our daily lives.
There are many ways you can get involved, whether it's through educational materials and events in your community or just for your staff. Here are a few great suggestions, care of our friends at the American Water Works Association (AWWA):
In your community
- Invite your community to an open house
- Inaugurate an adopt-a-hydrant program
- Plant a tree
- Host plant tours
- Bury a time capsule
- Partner with your local botanic gardens or other groups
- Plan a community shoreline clean-up
- Feature a children’s coloring contest or essay contest
- Hold a poster contest
In your workplace
Watch for more information and resources coming soon! Questions? Email us at email@example.com.