The focus of this seminar will be on the analysis and design of stormwater detention facilities, using both event-based infrastructure sizing methods as well as long-term continuous simulation.
- Overview of Stormwater Management Local and Western Canadian perspective North American perspective
- Traditional Pond Design Event-based sizing BC project examples Ontario project examples Control structure configuration options
- Event-Based Modeling versus Continuous Simulation Introduction to statistics For design storms For runoff events
- Innovative Pond Design Techniques Sediment supply estimation Limited, RTC, and zero discharge pond sizing Geomorphology impacts Environmental and habitat impacts BC project examples Ontario project examples
- Question and Answer/Open Discussion
More information and registration.
Date: November 15, 2012
Location: Richmond, BC