Supervisory & Leadership Skills for Operators
The purpose of this course is to provide a basic introduction to management skills within the water and wastewater industry.
You should take this course if you are:
- Recently promoted to a supervisory or management role, or are interested in advancing to a supervisory or management role in the future
- Interested in management skills, but not certain if you would like to take the Management Skills Certification Program (MSCP)
- A certified operator interested in earning continuing education unit (CEU) credits
After completing the Supervisory and Leadership Skills for Operators course, you will be able to:
- Define Supervision and Leadership and how each is applied in a workplace.
- Identify the core elements of Supervision in a workplace and understand how they are applied.
- Describe the fundamental elements of managing resources in the workplace
- Describe the fundamental elements for managing performance
- Describe the importance of customer service as it relates to supervising people
- 1.2 related CEUs for small wastewater systems, small water systems, wastewater collection, wastewater treatment, water distribution and water treatment (SWWS, SWS, WWC, WWT, WD & WT) EOCP certifications.
- A classroom environment using interactive elements and real-life situations in order to make your learning experience as interesting and relevant as possible
- Custom training at your worksite. If your workplace would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact us to see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
|In-class||$529 member / $649 non-member|
|Custom training||Contact us for details!|
Upcoming Supervisory and Leadership Skills for Operators
March 6 - 7, 2017
University of Victoria
|Glenn Galy||$529/$649||Register now|
||Click on any Register Now button or link (you will need to know the start date of the course you're registering for).|
|Email, fax or mail:||Complete our registration form and send it back to the BCWWA.|
|Questions?||Please contact the BCWWA office and we will be happy to help.|