Water Quality & Sampling for Water & Wastewater
This course provides a working knowledge of sampling for both potable water and wastewater systems.
You should take this course if you are:
- An operator in a water treatment or water distribution system, an operator in a wastewater treatment facility, or responsible for water or effluent quality.
- Interested in moving into a laboratory testing role.
- Preparing for a certification exam or want to earn CEU credits that can be applied to water or wastewater systems continuing education requirements.
After completing the Water Quality and Sampling for Water & Wastewater course, you will be able to:
- Understand how sampling is used to monitor for compliance with regulations for drinking water and wastewater effluent.
- Understand common sampling methods and procedures including grab samples, composite samples, and automatic sampler tools, and how to determine which procedure is appropriate based on the circumstance, including routine bacteriological sampling, full chemical analysis, sampling for THMs, influent sampling, primary clarifier sampling, mixed liquor sampling, and monitoring well sampling.
- Calculate the area, volume and time required to flush tanks and pipes.
- Understand the equipment and materials used for sampling, and the potential safety risks.
- Apply the concepts that guide a sampling plan, including chain of custody, and documentation.
- Apply quality management methods for quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC).
This course provides:
- 1.2 core CEUs for small wastewater systems, small water systems, wastewater collection, wastewater treatment, water distribution and water treatment (SWWS, SWS, WWC, WWT, WD & WT) EOCP certifications.
This course is offered in two formats:
- A classroom environment using interactive elements and real-life situations in order to make your learning experience as interesting and relevant as possible
- Custom training at your worksite. If your workplace would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact us to see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
|In-class||$529 member / $649 non-member|
|Custom training||From $244 per student, depending on class size. Contact us for details!|
Upcoming Water Quality and Sampling for Water and Wastewater Courses
|March 8 - 9||University of Victoria||Len Clarkson||$529 / $649||Register now|
|May 1 - 5||New Westminster||$529/$649||Register now|
||Click on any Register Now button or link (you will need to know the start date of the course you're registering for).|
|Email, fax or mail:|
Please contact the BCWWA office and we would be happy to help.