This one-day course will enhance the operator's knowledge about how to plan, implement, troubleshoot, and evaluate a Unidirectional Flushing Program, to achieve effective water flushing and enhance water quality within a distribution system.
You should take this course if you are:
- An operator of a water distribution system.
- Interested in a career as a water operator, or wanting to understand more about water distribution.
- An operator who wishes to prepare for level 1 EOCP certification, or that wants to earn CEU credits that can be applied to water or wastewater systems continuing education requirements.
You will be asked to complete a knowledge assessment when you register to give the course facilitator an understanding of your acquired knowledge to date.
After completing the Unidirectional Flushing course, you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and benefits of unidirectional flushing, the role of flushing in maintaining water quality, the equipment used, and alternative methods for flushing.
- Prepare a plan for a unidirectional flushing program that integrates water system maps, financial and staff resources, scheduling, equipment, community notification, evaluation, and computer modelling software.
- Safely implement and troubleshoot unidirectional flushing procedures and calculate water flows and velocities.
This course provides:
- 0.6 core CEUs for small water systems and water distribution (SWS & WD) EOCP certifications.
- Related CEUs for small wastewater systems, wastewater collection, wastewater treatment, and water treatment (SWWS, WWC, WWT & WT) EOCP certifications.
This course is offered in two formats:
- A classroom environment using interactive elements and real-life situations in order to make your learning experience as interesting and relevant as possible
- Custom training at your worksite. If your workplace would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact us to see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
|In-class||$299 member / $399 non-member|
|Custom training||From $169 per student, depending on class size. Contact us for details!|
Upcoming Unidirectional Flushing Courses
|Oct. 19, 2016||
Holiday Inn Express
2429 Highway 97 North
|TBD||$299 / $399||Register now|
|Dec. 7, 2016||Prince George||TBD||$299 / $399||Opening Soon!|
||Click on any Register Now button or link (you will need to know the start date of the course you're registering for).|
|Email, fax or mail:|
Please contact the BCWWA office and we would be happy to help.