Ultraviolet (UV) Disinfection
This half-day course provides an overview of ultraviolet disinfection technologies, typical applications and operational considerations for water and wastewater facilities.
You should take this course if you:
- Are a water or wastewater system operator with at least a level 1 certification.
- Evaluate the application of UV technology for a water or wastewater system.
- Are a water user or community member interested in disinfection of your water supply system.
- Want to earn CEU credits that can be applied to water or wastewater systems continuing education requirements.
You will be asked to complete a knowledge assessment when you register to give the course facilitator an understanding of your acquired knowledge to date.
Upon completing the Ultraviolet Disinfection course, you will be able to:
- Understand how and why UV light is used to disinfect water, including how UV works and how it compares to other treatment processes.
- Understand and evaluate UV equipment, including selection criteria, intensity, equipment sizing, system design, typical installations, type of applications, large versus small scale units.
- Understand the factors that affect UV dosage.
- Apply your knowledge in an operating environment to monitor and maintain equipment, including monitoring UV sensor performance, UV lamp replacement and other operational considerations.
This course provides:
- 0.3 core CEUs for small wastewater systems, small water systems, wastewater treatment, water distribution and water treatment (SWWS, SWS, WWT, WD & WT) EOCP certifications.
- Related CEUs for wastewater collection (WWC) EOCP certifications.
This course is offered in two formats:
- A classroom environment using interactive elements and real-life situations in order to make your learning experience as interesting and relevant as possible
- Custom training at your worksite. If your workplace would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact us to see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
|In-class||$249 member / $349 non-member|
|Custom training||From $131 per student, depending on class size. Contact us for details!|
Upcoming Ultraviolet Disinfection Courses
||Click on any Register Now button or link (you will need to know the start date of the course you're registering for).|
|Email, fax or mail:|
Please contact the BCWWA office and we would be happy to help.