Source Water Protection
This one-day course provides the foundation needed to develop a source water protection plan for your water supply system.
You should take this course if you:
- Are a small water system owner (including trustees and councilors), operator, water user, or community member interested in protecting the sources of your water supply system.
- Want to earn CEU credits that can be applied to water or wastewater systems continuing education requirements.
The course is also applicable to larger water supply system owners, operators and users.
You will be asked to complete a knowledge assessment when you register to give the course facilitator an understanding of your acquired knowledge to date.
After completing the Source Water Protection course, you will be able to:
- Create a source water protection plan, including understanding how to create a community planning team, build community support, delineate the source protection area, evaluate assessment tools, and develop and implement an action plan, including emergency response planning.
- Understand how to use the various assessment tools, including the Source to Tap screening tools, Water Assessment Guide, and Well Protection Toolkit.
- Identify and assess potential contaminants and risks that can affect source water quality, including pathogens (bacteria, viruses and protozoa), nitrates, volatile organic chemicals (VOCs), inorganic chemicals, and endocrine disruptors.
This course provides:
- 0.6 core CEUs for small water systems, water distribution and water treatment (SWS, WD & WT) EOCP certifications.
- Related CEUs for small wastewater systems, wastewater collection and wastewater treatment (SWWS, WWC & WWT) EOCP certifications.
This course is offered in two formats:
- A classroom environment using interactive elements and real-life situations in order to make your learning experience as interesting and relevant as possible
- Custom training at your worksite. If your workplace would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact us to see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
|In-class||$299 member / $399 non-member|
|Custom training||From $169 per student, depending on class size. Contact us for details!|
Upcoming Source Water Protection Courses
|Oct. 17, 2016||
Holiday Inn Express
2429 Highway 97 North
|Nelson Porter||$299 / $399||Register now|
|Dec. 5, 2016||Prince George||TBD||$299 / $399||Opening Soon!|
||Click on any Register Now button or link (you will need to know the start date of the course you're registering for).|
|Email, fax or mail:|
Please contact the BCWWA office and we would be happy to help.