Management Skills Certificate Program: Managing People
This five-day course focusing on "people management" skills required in the water and wastewater industry.
You should take this course if you:
- Were recently promoted to a supervisory or management role, or are interested in advancing to a supervisory or management role in the future.
- Are interested in brushing up your management skills and taking them to the next level.
- Want to earn CEU credits that can be applied to water or wastewater systems continuing education requirements.
Upon completing the Management Skills Certificate Program Module 1: Managing People course, you will be able to:
- Understand alternative problem solving strategies, including a 4-step framework to solve problems, and how to apply these appropriately in a supervisory or management role.
- Apply tools and techniques such as Six Thinking Hats, PMI, venn diagrams, matrices, fishbone analysis, mind mapping, and appreciative inquiry to decision making.
- Assess your leadership style, learn about alternative leadership approaches, and understand and apply essential management skills including time management, conflict resolution, coaching, and the role of leaders.
- Conduct effective meetings, including understanding how to set the agenda, manage conflict, build agreement, and bring the group to a decision.
- Understand how to effectively manage communications to peers, direct reports and senior managers.
- Manage unexpected events and incidents.
- Understand business systems such as asset management, information management and privacy protection.
- Understand Employment Standards Act concepts, collective agreements and how to manage in a unionized work environment.
- Effectively supervise staff, and complete performance evaluations.
This course provides:
- 3.0 related CEUs for small wastewater systems, small water systems, wastewater collection, wastewater treatment, water distribution and water treatment (SWWS, SWS, WWC, WWT, WD & WT) EOCP certifications.
This course is offered in two formats:
- A classroom environment using interactive elements and real-life situations in order to make your learning experience as interesting and relevant as possible
- Custom training at your worksite. If your workplace would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact us to see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
|In-class||$949 member / $1,049 non-member|
|Custom training||From $587 per student, depending on class size. Contact us for details!|
Upcoming Management Skills Certificate Program: Managing People Courses
|April 3 - 7||TRU Conference Centre Kamloops||Glenn Galy||$949/$1069||Register now|
|May 1 - 5||Douglas College New Westminster||Glenn Galy||$949/1069||Register now|
||Click on any Register Now button or link (you will need to know the start date of the course you're registering for).|
|Email, fax or mail:|
Please contact the BCWWA office and we would be happy to help.