This one-day course is based on the International Water Association (IWA) model to classify water use and water loss, providing a practical approach to leak detection and how to apply leak detection methods to reduce water loss.
You should take this course if you:
- Operate, maintain or manage a water distribution or wastewater collection system.
- Are responsible for managing “non revenue” water costs, or asset management planning.
- Want to earn CEU credits that can be applied to water or wastewater systems continuing education requirements.
You will be asked to complete a knowledge assessment when you register to give the course facilitator an understanding of your acquired knowledge to date.
Upon completing the Leak Detection course, you will be able to:
- Understand how leaks are initiated and propagated, including the influence of water use patterns and pressure changes.
- Understand leak detection theory, equipment, methods, and application, including the use of visual and acoustic surveys, sounding, flow monitoring, pressure management, and step testing.
- Prepare a 7-step water balance for your own water system that quantifies "real loss" and amount of leakage, to build the business case for leak detection and strategically prioritize activities that reduce real water loss.
- Conduct a water audit.
- Understand practical ways to manage water loss and apply leak detection.
This course provides:
- 0.6 core CEUs for small water systems and water distribution (SWS & WD) EOCP certifications.
- 0.6 related CEUs for small wastewater systems, wastewater collection, wastewater treatment and water treatment (SWS, WWC, WWT & WT) EOCP certification.
This course is offered in two formats:
- A classroom environment using interactive elements and real-life situations in order to make your learning experience as interesting and relevant as possible
- Custom training at your worksite. If your workplace would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact us to see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
|In-class||$299 member / $399 non-member|
|Custom training||From $169 per student, depending on class size. Contact us for details!|
Upcoming Leak Detection Courses
September 28, 2016 Fraser Valley - Operations Yard 31739 King Road, Abbotsford