This five-day course provides operators with the fundamental knowledge to be able to safely use and handle chlorine gas and hypochlorite solutions.
You should take this course if you:
- Operate or maintain a facility that uses chlorine gas or hypochlorite solutions for disinfection purposes.
- Want to earn CEU credits that can be applied to water or wastewater systems continuing education requirements.
You will be asked to complete a knowledge assessment when you register to give the course facilitator an understanding of your acquired knowledge to date.
Upon completing the Chlorine Handling course, you will be able to:
- Understand the factors that can impact water quality, and the different methods that are used for disinfecting water, and their advantages and limitations, including filtration, aeration, UV disinfection, pH adjustment, and oxidants such as chlorine, chloramines and ozone.
- Safely apply chlorination and hypochlorination methods in your facility, including controlling for gases and residual by-products.
- Understand how to safely install, use, troubleshoot, and maintain equipment for chlorination and hypochlorination.
- Calculate chlorine and hypochlorination dosages based on water distribution system demands and hydraulics.
- Understand chlorine system design principles, including engineering controls, ventilation, alarm systems, and detection instruments.
- Understand and apply chlorine safety practices, and prepare for emergency response.
This course provides:
- 2.4 core CEUs for small wastwater systems, small water systems, wastewater collection, wastewater treatment, water distribution, and water treatment (SWWS, SWS, WWC, WWT, WD & WT) EOCP certifications.
This course is offered in two formats:
- A classroom environment using interactive elements and real-life situations in order to make your learning experience as interesting and relevant as possible.
- Custom training at your worksite. If your workplace would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact us to see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
Upcoming Chlorine Handling Courses
March 20 - 24, 2017
Coast Bastion Hotel
|In-class||$949 member / $1,069 non-member|
|Custom training||From $587 per student, depending on class size. Contact us for details!|
||Click on any Register Now button or link (you will need to know the start date of the course you're registering for).|
|Email, fax or mail:|
Please contact the BCWWA office and we would be happy to help.
The exams for this specific course are administered by the BCWWA on the last day of the course. Upon passing the exam, the Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) will issue a certification.