Water Distribution 2
Water Distribution 2 is the second of three courses that make up the BCWWA Water Distribution Program. This course provides an advanced understanding of water distribution practices and focuses on the practical aspects of construction, operation and maintenance of water distribution.
You should take this course if you are:
- Wanting to understand more, or move into a level 2 operator role.
- In a role that requires an in-depth understanding of how water distribution works, or maintaining a facility classified as a water distribution 2 (WD2) facility.
- An operator who wishes to prepare for level 2 EOCP certification, or that wants to earn CEU credits that can be applied to water or wastewater systems continuing education requirements.
You will be asked to complete a knowledge assessment when you register, to give the course facilitator an understanding of your acquired knowledge to date.
Upon completing Water Distribution 2, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply water distribution system information/components including how to assess system demand, distribution systems hydraulics, system layouts and maps, perform pressure readings, prepare contingency plans and read blueprints, readings and maps.
- Monitor, evaluate and adjust disinfection in water distribution systems including calcium hypochlorite disinfection, chlorine gas disinfection and sodium hypochlorite disinfection as well as inspect and evaluate source water for contamination.
- Understand water treatment processes.
- Understand the functions of a variety of equipment including backflow prevention devices, hydrants, meters, pipes, service connections, taps, valves, pumps, and water mains.
- Understand how to operate and perform maintenance on equipment including pumps, chlorinators, engines, generators, hand tools, etc.
- Understand how to perform certain security, safety and administrative procedures including administering a safety/compliance program, conducting cross-connection surveys, developing and maintaining a sample site plan, preparing regulatory reporting and compliance-based record keeping, chemical safety, confined space entry and safety in excavation, shoring, and trenching, etc.
- Certifications and exams are administered by the Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) – please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.
This course provides:
- 2.4 core CEUs for small water systems and water distribution (SWS & WD) EOCP certifications.
- Related CEUs for small wastewater systems, wastewater collection, wastewater treatment and water treatment (SWWS, WWC, WWT & WT) EOCP certifications.
Upcoming Water Distribution 2 Courses
|January 9 - March 31||Online||Dean Scovill||$699 / $819||Register now|
- This course is offered in three formats:
- A classroom environment using interactive elements and real-life situations in order to make your learning experience as interesting and relevant as possible.
- Online, offering students an opportunity to progress through the course at their own pace. The online version covers the same material and is available for a 12 week period.
- Custom training at your worksite. If your workplace would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact us to see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
|In-class||$899 member / $1019 non-member|
|Online||$699 member / $819 non-member|
|Custom training||From $550 per student, depending on class size. Contact us for details!|
||Click on any Register Now button or link (you will need to know the start date of the course you're registering for).|
|Email, fax or mail:|
Please contact the BCWWA office and we would be happy to help.