Water Distribution 1
This course provides an introduction to water distribution practices and focuses on the practical aspects of construction, operation and maintenance of water distribution.
You should take this course if you are:
- Wanting to understand more, or entering into a role where you will be dealing with water distribution.
- In a role that requires an understanding of how water distribution systems work, or maintaining a facility classified as a water distribution (WD1) facility.
- An operator who wishes to prepare for level 1 EOCP certification, or that wants to earn CEU credits that can be applied to water or wastewater systems continuing education requirements.
Upon completing Water Distribution 1, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply water distribution system information/components including federal, provincial and local regulations, water quality, water sources, water storage, valves, hydrants and meters, plan reading, water main construction, and cross connection control.
- Monitor, evaluate and adjust disinfection in water distribution systems including disinfection through chlorination, hypochlorination, ultraviolet radiation, ozone, chlorine dioxide, etc., sampling requirements and other monitoring.
- Understand the functions of a variety of equipment including hydrants, meters, pipes, service connections, taps, valves, pumps, and water mains.
- Understand the maintenance of water mains including types of maintenance and pumps and controls.
- Understand how to perform certain security, safety and administrative procedures including understanding work site safety, setting up a safety program, electrical safety, chemical safety, confined space entry and safety in excavation, shoring and trenching, etc.
Certifications and exams are administered by the Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) – please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.
This course provides:
- 2.4 core CEUs for small water systems and water distribution (SWS & WD) EOCP certifications.
- Related CEUs for small wastewater systems, wastewater collection, wastewater treatment and water treatment (SWWS, WWC, WWT & WT) EOCP certifications.
Upcoming Water Distribution 1 Courses
January 9 - March 31
$699 / $819
April 3 - 7
$899 / $1019
- This course is offered in three formats:
- A classroom environment using interactive elements and real-life situations in order to make your learning experience as interesting and relevant as possible.
- Online, offering students an opportunity to progress through the course at their own pace. The online version covers the same material and is available for a 12 week period.
- Custom training at your worksite. If your workplace would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact us to see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
|In-class||$899 member / $1019 non-member|
|Online||$699 member / $819 non member|
|Custom training||From $550 per student, depending on class size. Contact us for details!|
||Click on any Register Now button or link (you will need to know the start date of the course you're registering for).|
|Email, fax or mail:|
Please contact the BCWWA office and we would be happy to help.