Wastewater Treatment 1
Wastewater Treatment 1 is the first of three courses that make up the BCWWA Wastewater Treatment Program. This initial course introduces operators to key concepts in the field of wastewater treatment, and provides operators with the basic knowledge of wastewater treatment plant components and treatment methods used with varying degrees of complexity.
You should take this course if you are:
- Wanting to understand more, or entering into a role where you will be dealing with the treatment of wastewater.
- In a role that requires an understanding of how wastewater treatment processes work, or maintaining a facility classified as a wastewater treatment (WWT1) facility.
- An operator who wishes to prepare for level 1 EOCP certification, or that wants to earn CEU credits that can be applied to water or wastewater systems continuing education requirements
Upon completing Wastewater Treatment 1, you will be able to:
- Evaluate physical characteristics of a waste stream including colour, flow, odour, temperature, etc.
- Perform related security, safety and administrative procedures involving chemical hazards, personal protective equipment, general health and safety procedures, and emergency preparedness.
- Evaluate and maintain related equipment including preventative and corrective maintenance and equipment evaluation.
- Operate equipment including hydraulics, pumps, valves, etc.
- Understand how domestic water systems impact wastewater treatment.
- Understand the metric system, measurements and solving equations.
- Certifications and exams are administered by the Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) – please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.
This course provides:
- 2.4 core CEUs for small wastewater systems and wastewater treatment (SWWS & WWT) EOCP certifications.
- Related CEUs for small water systems, wastewater collection, water distribution, and water treatment (SWS, WWC, WD & WT) EOCP certifications.
Upcoming Wastewater Treatment 1 Courses
|January 9 - March 31||Online||George Foley||$699 / $819||Register now|
|April 3 - 7||Kamloops||$899 / $1019||Register now|
This course is offered in three formats:
- A classroom environment using interactive elements and real-life situations in order to make your learning experience as interesting and relevant as possible.
- Online, offering students an opportunity to progress through the course at their own pace. The online version covers the same material and is available for a 12 week period.
- Custom training at your worksite. If your workplace would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact us to see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
|In-class||$899 member / $1019 non-member|
|Online||$699 member / $819 non-member|
|Custom training||From $550 per student, depending on class size. Contact us for details!|
||Click on any Register Now button or link (you will need to know the start date of the course you're registering for).|
|Email, fax or mail:|
Please contact the BCWWA office and we would be happy to help.
Certifications and exams are administered by the Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) – please contact them for more information.