Wastewater Collection 2
This intermediate course continues the learning for operators on key concepts in the field of wastewater collection and broadens an operator's knowledge of system fundamentals.
You should take this course if you are:
- Wanting to understand more, or move into a level 2 operator role.
- In a role that requires an in-depth understanding of how wastewater collection works, or maintaining a facility classified as a wastewater collection 2 (WWC2) facility.
- An operator who wishes to prepare for level 2 EOCP certification, or that wants to earn CEU credits that can be applied to water or wastewater systems continuing education requirements.
Upon completing Wastewater Collection 2, you will be able to:
- Further understand wastewater collection systems and increase your understanding of pipeline construction, pumps, survey, and layout.
- Understand the maintenance and restoration of the wastewater collection system including pipeline cleaning and system inspection and testing.
- Understand engineering principles such as design periods, flow measurements and flow variations.
- Perform certain security, safety and administrative procedures including electrical safety, how to handle sewer gases, odour control, etc.
- Certifications and exams are administered by the Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) – please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.
This course provides
- 2.4 core CEUs for small wastewater systems and wastewater collection (SWWS & WWC) EOCP certifications.
- Related CEUs for small water systems, wastewater treatment, water distribution, and water treatment (SWS, WWT, WD & WT) EOCP certifications.
This course is offered in two formats:
- A classroom environment using interactive elements and real-life situations in order to make your learning experience as interesting and relevant as possible
- Custom training at your worksite. If your workplace would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact us to see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
|In-class||$899 member / $1019 non-member|
|Custom training||From $550 per student, depending on class size. Contact us for details!|
Upcoming Wastewater Collection 2 Courses
||Click on any Register Now button or link (you will need to know the start date of the course you're registering for).|
|Email, fax or mail:|
Please contact the BCWWA office and we would be happy to help.