Wastewater Collection 1
This initial course introduces operators to key concepts in the field of wastewater collection and broadens an operator's knowledge of system fundamentals.
You should take this course if you are:
- Wanting to understand more, or entering into a role where you will be dealing with wastewater collection.
- In a role that requires an understanding of how wastewater collection systems work, or maintaining a facility classified as a wastewater collection (WWC1) facility.
- An operator who wishes to prepare for level 1 EOCP certification, or that wants to earn CEU credits that can be applied to water or wastewater systems continuing education requirements.
Upon completing Wastewater Collection 1, you will be able to:
- Understand wastewater collection systems and have an understanding of both the operation and maintenance of related equipment, including cleaning equipment, inspection equipment, safety equipment, valves, pumps, etc.
- Understand the maintenance and restoration of the wastewater collection system including cleaning, rehabilitating and repairing the collection system.
- Monitor, evaluate and adjust collection systems including an understanding of aeration, cross connections, infiltration, force mains, gravity sewers, lift stations, manholes, etc.
- Understand how to perform certain security, safety and administrative procedures including administering a safety/compliance program, developing operation and maintenance plans, maintaining records, performing workplace safety evaluations, etc.
Certifications and exams are administered by the Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) – please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.
This course provides:
- 2.4 core CEUs for small wastewater systems and wastewater collection (SWWS & WWC) EOCP certifications.
- Related CEUs for small water systems, wastewater treatment, water distribution, and water treatment (SWS, WWT, WD & WT) EOCP certifications.
Upcoming Wastewater Collection 1 Courses
|January 9 - March 31||Online||George Foley||$699 / $819||Register now|
|March 6 - 10||Victoria||George Foley||$899 member / $1019 non-member||Register now|
|April 3 - 7||Kamloops||$899 / $1019||Register now|
This course is offered in three formats:
- A classroom environment using interactive elements and real-life situations in order to make your learning experience as interesting and relevant as possible
- Online, offering students an opportunity to progress through the course at their own pace. The online version covers the same material and is available for a 12 week period.
- Custom training at your worksite. If your workplace would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact us to see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
|In-class||$899 member / $1019 non-member|
|Online||$699 member / $819 non-member|
|Custom training||From $550 per student, depending on class size. Contact us for details!|
||Click on any Register Now button or link (you will need to know the start date of the course you're registering for).|
|Email, fax or mail:|
Please contact the BCWWA office and we would be happy to help.