Small Water Systems
This two-day course introduces students to the fundamentals of small water systems operations and maintenance, and what operators need to know to ensure that their systems complies with legislation and protect public health.
You should take this course if you:
- Operate and maintain water systems that serve a population of less than 500.
- Are preparing to write the EOCP certification exam for small water systems.
After completing the Small Water Systems course, you will be able to:
- Understand the factors that impact water quality, the legislation that governs water quality and supply, and how to monitor and report on your water system to protect public health.
- Understand common water treatment methods, including filtration, and the safe use of chlorine, ozone and UV for disinfection.
- Understand how water distribution systems function, including the materials and equipment, repair and maintenance procedures, and safety.
- Certifications and exams are administered by the Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) – please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.
This course provides:
- 1.2 core CEUs for small water systems and water treatment (SWS & WT) EOCP certifications.
- Related CEUs for small wastewater systems, wastewater collection, wastewater treatment and water distribution (SWWS, WWC, WWT & WD) EOCP certifications.
This course is offered in three formats:
- A classroom environment using interactive elements and real-life situations in order to make your learning experience as interesting and relevant as possible.
- Online, offering students an opportunity to progress through the course at their own pace. The online version covers the same material and is available for a 12 week period.
- Custom training at your worksite. If your workplace would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact us to see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
|In-class||$529 member / $649 non-member|
|Online||$399 member / $519 non member|
|Custom training||From $244 per student, depending on class size. Contact us for details!|
Upcoming Small Water Systems Courses
|January 9 - March 31||Online||Dean Scovill||$399 / $649||Register now|
|March 6 - 7||Victoria||Pat Miller||$529 / $649||Register now|
||Click on any Register Now button or link (you will need to know the start date of the course you're registering for).|
|Email, fax or mail:|
Please contact the BCWWA office and we would be happy to help.