Small Wastewater Systems
This two-day course introduces students to the fundamentals of small wastewater system operations and what is needed to comply with legislation to protect public health, safety and the environment.
You should take this course if you:
- Operate and maintain wastewater systems that serve a population of less than 500.
- Are preparing to write the EOCP certification exam for small wastewater systems.
After completing the Small Wastewater Systems course, you will be able to:
- Understand the regulations that govern wastewater collection, treatment and discharge, and how to monitor system performance to protect public health and the environment.
- Understand the characteristics of wastewater, and how this impacts collection and treatment systems.
- Understand how wastewater collection systems are designed, built, operated, maintained, and repaired. You will be familiar with the equipment, materials, methods, and safety considerations.
- Understand wastewater treatment methods, including the design, operation and maintenance of septic systems, and mechanical systems including preliminary, primary and secondary treatment.
- Understand and apply safe workplace practices, including confined space entry, Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System, lock out / tag out procedures.
- Certifications and exams are administered by the Environmental Operators Certification Program (EOCP) – please contact them for more information or to register for an exam.
This course provides:
- 1.2 core CEUs for small wastewater systems, wastewater collection and wastewater treatment (SWWS, WWC & WWT) EOCP certifications.
- Related CEUs for small water systems, water distribution and water treatment (SWS, WD & WT) EOCP certifications.
This course is offered in three formats:
- A classroom environment using interactive elements and real-life situations in order to make your learning experience as interesting and relevant as possible.
- Online, offering students an opportunity to progress through the course at their own pace. The online version covers the same material and is available for a 12 week period.
- Custom training at your worksite. If your workplace would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact us to see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
|In-class||$529 member / $649 non-member|
|Online||$399 member / $519 non member|
|Custom training||From $244 per student, depending on class size. Contact us for details!|
Upcoming Small Wastewater Systems Courses
|January 9 - March 31||Online||Dean Scovill||$399 / $519||Register now|
||Click on any Register Now button or link (you will need to know the start date of the course you're registering for).|
|Email, fax or mail:|
Please contact the BCWWA office and we would be happy to help.