Chlorine Handling for Pool Operators
This two course provides pool operators with the fundamental knowledge to safely operate and maintain a variety of disinfection processes which use chlorine and hypochlorite products.
You should take this course if you:
- Are maintaining a recreational pool or spa facility that uses chlorine gas and hypochlorite solutions for disinfection purposes.
- Want to earn CEU credits that can be applied to water or wastewater systems continuing education requirements.
Upon completing the Chlorine Handling for Pool Operators course, you will be able to:
- Understand the physical and chemicals properties of chlorine, hypochlorite, and residuals.
- Understand safe handling practices for chlorine and hypochlorite.
- Become familiar with common equipment, including measurement technologies, and understand maintenance requirements for systems.
- Understand the design principles for chlorine buildings and systems.
- Plan for emergencies.
This course provides:
This course is offered in two formats:
A classroom environment using interactive elements and real-life situations in order to make your learning experience as interesting and relevant as possible.
Custom training at your worksite. If your workplace would like to offer the course to several employees, please contact us to see if a customized program at your worksite would be a better solution for you!
Please contact the BCWWA office and we would be happy to help.